a worshipping community…
St Ternan’s Church building offers an intimate space for Christians to gather,
just off the High Street in Banchory, amidst the beauty of Royal Deeside.
The church is open each day for prayer and meditation, at the west end of the High Street, on the north side, almost opposite the town hall and next to a car park. Look out for the horse chestnut tree at the entrance.
The community that chooses to gather here is also characterised by intimacy and beauty. Intimacy in their care for one another, friends and sojourners whom they take under their wing, as well as for the wider communities of Banchory and Deeside. Beauty, in their love of art, music, nature and appreciation for the good gifts life has to offer. Their own beauty spills out in their desire to share these gifts with others…
– God knows all persons in their deepest being and loves them in their brokenness.
– Each person is unique, precious and sacred.
– God calls us as a community to be a sign that love is possible, revealing God’s goodness, compassion and forgiveness in our daily lives.
– In an age obsessed with achievement, we believe that the essential value of a person lies in the simplicity of their hearts.
– Jesus came to dismantle the walls between the Strong (whose self-sufficiency leaves them always wanting) and the Marginalised, so that all may have life in fullness.
Get in Touch
St Ternans Banchory SEC
Tel: 01330 824458
Send Us a Message
Copyright St Ternans Banchory SEC – All rights reserved
(Scottish Charity No. 008533)